Ready to Eat Indian Food: Who is it for?

Have you noticed how our parents react to anything and everything which is not home-cooked? Your mom is probably going to say "Isse accha to main ghar par bana dungi". And your dad is going to back her up by saying "maine suna hai wo log ganda paani use karte hai'' or something like this. Because our parents have this perception, things that are not home-cooked are bad for our health and their pocket. This is the story of middle-class families. 

And if I am being honest, even though I belong to a middle-class family, I never felt the need to go out and eat. Because my mom cooked delicious food every day. 

But all this changed when I had to leave home to stay in the hostel. For someone like me who had delicious food cooked by mom her whole life, hostel was a big deal. Isn't it for all of us? And to my bad luck, my hostel mess had the worst food you can possibly imagine. On top of that, we were not allowed to keep the induction stove. (Well, most of the hostels don't allow this.) 


This was the time when I truly understood the importance of ready to eat Indian food. My roommates and I were these rebel kids. We somehow managed to sneak a small induction stove into our room. We kept it hidden really well. We used to make Maggi at midnight whenever hostel food was just too good to eat. At that time, we were not aware of so many varieties of ready to eat Indian food brands.

 

I am sure I was not the only one who was going through this. Not just hostelites, but many people struggle with these kinds of food issues. There are other people too who might appreciate the ready to Indian food other than hostel students. 

To give you a better Idea I have made a small list. Here it goes:


Bachelors:

I am not sure how many of you have seen The Bachelors by TVF. In that series, there were four bachelor's who had no idea how to cook. One day one of the roommates, Badri's mom came to visit them and decided to teach these bachelors how to cook. It was not easy but they did it eventually. 


Now, not everyone is lucky like Badri and his roommate's. If you don't know how to cook, or don't have enough time to cook, ready made Indian food can help you a lot. There is even a healthy instant breakfast available in different varieties.


People traveling within the country or abroad:

What is your food preference? Are you a pure vegetarian or do you eat non-veg food too? 

I will tell you why I am asking this. In abroad, depending on the country you are traveling to, the veg food will be difficult to find. I know what you are going to say. There are Indian food restaurants available everywhere now. But what if you are traveling on a budget. These Indian food restaurants might be on the higher side for your budget.


Now thanks to ready to eat Indian food packets you can carry your food with you. And it's not that costly. You get to enjoy sightseeing and food too.

Mom's who want a break from cooking:

Our moms make it look so easy. Cooking food every day for everyone in the family. They forget that they can take a break too from cooking. Let our moms take a break from cooking. That does not mean I am saying we should starve. If you can not cook at all, then you know who is there to help you. That's right. Ready to eat Indian meals have got your back. 


I know she is going to say "isse accha to main ghar par bana leti" after eating but she will secretly be glad to have one day off from cooking. 


What I am trying to say is, everyone can take advantage of ready to eat Indian food at some point. We Indians love home-cooked meals. And even though we all might not completely agree. But it is okay to take a break from cooking every now and then. Right?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do people like to order food online?

Travel Essentials You Must Carry While Going Backpacking

Desi Mealz: Helping to Carry the Taste of Ghar ka Khana